Create Table Using Existing Data In Excel is very easy. If you are manager or staff in the office of marketing division, or the similar, composing data in the table will help to understand the margin or profit or etc. every month. Or maybe you are a student or the similar, it will be useful too.
In this article, I am going to show you how to create simple profit table in excel per month for example.
Create Table Using Existing Data In Excel
Here is the step by step.
1. Open excel application
2. Click on Cell C4 and name it "Month"
3. Click on Cell D4 and name it "Profit"
4. Click on Cell C5 and name it "January".
5. Click on Cell C6 and name it "February".
6. Click on Cell C7 and name it "March".
7. Click on Cell C8 and name it "April".
8. Click on Cell C9 and name it "May".
9. Click on Cell C10 and name it "June".
10. Click on Cell C11 and name it "July".
11. Click on Cell C12 and name it "August".
12. Click on Cell C13 and name it "September".
13. Click on Cell C14 and name it "October".
14. Click on Cell C15 and name it "November".
15. Click on Cell C16 and name it "December".
16. Click on Cell D5 and fill it 10.000,00
17. Click on Cell D6 and fill it 20.000,00
18. Click on Cell D7 and fill it 25.000,00
19. Click on Cell D8 and fill it 26.000,00
20. Click on Cell D9 and fill it 27.000,00
21. Click on Cell D10 and fill it 25.000,00
22. Click on Cell D11 and fill it 26.000,00
23. Click on Cell D12 and fill it 23.000,00
24. Click on Cell D13 and fill it 30.000,00
25. Click on Cell D14 and fill it 31.000,00
26. Click on Cell D15 and fill it 32.000,00
27. Click on Cell D16 and fill it 33.000,00
1. Click on Cell C4 and change the font color to red and change the background color to gray.
2. Click on Cell D4 and change the font color to green and change the background color to gold.
If you want to do this, on the home tab, click on background and font color tool as per the screenshot below.
To border the cell, here is the step by step.
1. Select all the column and the row you want to border.
2. On the home tab, click on border tool. There is a lot of style of the border. I prefer to use "All Border".
Using Table Tool
There is a table tool to create a table automatically. To do this, here is the step by step.
1. Select all the column and row with the data in it that you want to make a table.
2. On the home tab, click on "format as table".
3. Pick up the style.
4. You may have a header in the table. Make sure to check the option "my table has headers". If this option is not checked, the top of the row of the table will contain column1, column2, and so on.
When the header has been created, it is easy to modify it any time.
It is very easy to create a table in excel worksheet. With this example table, you can do more, like using What-If Analysis command to play with the data tables.